Friday 1 March 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked 130 shell Review ...






I was really excited when I heard about the launch of  Revlons Nearly Naked foundation . While I used to be a big fan of high coverage foundations and still am to an extent I have become a lot more willing to try a more dewey finish. I like to wear a full coverage foundation as I have very rosy cheeks which I hate. I picked this up in the shade shell 130. For reference in Mac I am NC15 in winter and NC20 in summer. So with excitement I have been putting this on for the lat two mornings. 

Now I feel like I am going against the grain on the first thing which is that I didn't get the lovely dewey finish others have had. Honestly I was really disappointed about that. Although I have come to the conclusion  that it may be because my skin is really dry at the moment and that's why. I have attempted to mix it with a moisturiser this morning which did give a better result.



 Left to right : Cheek in direct daylight, Cheek in direct daylight with Revlon Nearly Naked, Cheek in indoor light with Revlon Nearly Naked

On a more positive note I think the coverage is rather good considering it is supposed to be a light foundation. The photo of me wearing the foundation in daylight doesn't quite do it justice, it actually covers more than it lets on in the photo.  I do feel it was slightly less detectable than other foundation that I have. The coverage I would say is quite buildable and I was able to apply more where needed which I always like to be able to do. In terms of the wear of this foundation I didn't find that it wore off throughout the day. I don't have oily skin so I'm not sure how this would fair for those of you who do. The price of this is really reasonable and most definitely a really decent foundation for the price. For many I am sure it will become a firm favorite. There has been a lot of talk about there being no pump I personally don't mind this as am used to my double wear foundation not having one but can see how for some people this would be annoying.  

Overall score 

Coverage 4/5
Dewey finish 3/5
Longevity 3/5
Packaging 4/5
Price 5/5

Has anyone else tried this yes?




3 comments:

  1. i've been hearing so much buzz about this! i'm far too scared of change to swap foundations, though xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried this yet but the reviews it's been getting are enough to have me curious to try it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man this product has exploded on the beauty scene! Liked your review, I also haven't tried it out myself quite yet, but will definitely be jumping on the bandwagon.

    xo Rachael
    arunawaymuse.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...